This podcast features interviews of CTOs and other technical leadership figures and topics range from technology (AI, blockchain, cyber, DevOps, Web Architectur... Ver más
5 de 77
#77 - Vikas Gupta // CTO @ Choco
Find out how to use tech to deliver (not distract from) business value in this CTO podcast featuring Vikas Gupta, CTO at Choco (a digital platform connecting suppliers to their restaurants), who previously held senior engineering roles at Uber and Dropbox.
Listen find out :
- ⚖️ How to balance product and platform initiatives
- 🔍What the 5 dimensions are for evaluating a language
- 🎩 CTPO vs 👷CTO + 🤠CPO
- How to determine ROI when migrating from legacy
- + Why he chose his tech stack
Listen here: https://alphalist.com/podcast/77-vikas-gupta-cto-choco
#76 - Richard Socher // CEO @ You.com
Get a handle on the latest developments in AI 🤩 in this CTO Podcast featuring Richard Socher, CEO of You.com (the world’s first AI-centric chat-based 💬 search engine). This is your opportunity to learn from the AI professor 🎓who co-authored the paper that introduced the term ‘prompt engineering’, created MetaMind 🧠(now powering Einstein at Salesforce) and pioneered many of the technologies everyone is hyping about today. But for Richard, its not hype. Its just the fusion of technology and business that he has been working on for years.
Listen to discover:
- How can chat-based search be monetised 💸?
- How have MLOps evolved 🔄?
- How will AI impact the job market?
- What will happen to digital marketing in the age of AI?🤷
- When will we reach AGI? ⏳ (hint: not as soon as you think)
+ Search Engines: From the current tech complexity to future forms.
Listen here: https://alphalist.com/podcast/76-richard-socher-ceo-you-dot-com
#75 - John Engates // Field CTO @ Cloudflare
Buckle up for a journey through the evolution of DevOps with John Engates, the Field CTO at Cloudflare, who has been leading the charge since his days as CTO of Rackspace (2002-2018). Get ready for a fascinating ride as we explore the role of AI in DevOps and gain insights from a true industry veteran.
Listen to discover:
- How to handle incident response the Cloudflare way🚨: mission rooms, communication strategies, and best practices
- Why we can't just turn off the internet? 🌐 The ethical considerations behind cyber warfare
- The unique role of a 🧑🌾 Field CTO
- How John puts ChatGPT to work 🛠️
Listen here: https://alphalist.com/podcast/75-john-engates-field-cto-cloudflare
#74 - Shawn 'swyx' Wang // Developer Experience Expert
Dig deep into how to use generative AI as developer tool 🧑💻in this CTO podcast featuring Shawn ‘Swyx’ Wang. Shawn has not only headed Developer Experience at 3 Unicorns 🦄, but he is also the editor of the Latent Space AI/ML newsletter. Tune in to discover how generative AI will change programming and how to start exploring the world of LLMs.
- How our infrastructure 🏗️ needs will evolve with the explosion of the AI frontier
- How much time a CTO should spend trying out new technology vs. sticking with the tried and true ⚖️
- Why AI-native databases 🗃️ are the future
+ Best practices for using generative AI as a developer tool 🦾
Listen here - https://alphalist.com/podcast/74-shawn-swyx-wang-developer-experience-expert
#73 Will Larson // Thought Leader @ Irrational Exuberance (lethain)
Focus on your CTO career in this podcast with Will Larson about leaving a CTO role, finding a new CTO role, and negotiating your compensation. Will is the thought leader behind the popular blog "Irrational Exuberance" and the book "An Elegant Puzzle: Systems of Engineering Management" and "Staff Engineer: Leadership beyond the management track". Additionally, he is the former CTO of Calm who has also led teams at Uber, Digg, and Yahoo.
Listen to find out:
- How to find 🔍 the ideal CTO Role in 2023: Location 🌍, Stage, Domain, Culture 🤝 and Red Flags 🚩
- Moving on from your Current CTO role 👋: When, Why and How (succession, exit options etc.)
- What to look out for in CTO💸 compensation and options
- Why he predicts tech salaries will decrease in the 10 years
Listen here: https://alphalist.com/podcast/73-will-larson-thought-leader-irrational-exuberance-lethain
Acerca de alphalist.CTO Podcast - For CTOs and Technical Leaders
This podcast features interviews of CTOs and other technical leadership figures and topics range from technology (AI, blockchain, cyber, DevOps, Web Architecture, etc.) to management (e.g. scaling, structuring teams, mentoring, technical recruiting, product etc.).
Guests from leading tech companies share their best practices and knowledge.
The goal is to support other CTOs on their journey through tech and engineering, inspire and allow a sneak-peek into other successful companies to understand how they think and act. Get awesome insights into the world‘s top tech companies, personalities with this podcast brought to you by Tobias Schlottke.